Monday, April 30, 2007

My take on the NFL Draft


First off the Lions finally selected a great WR hopefully they can run a good offense to make him be that spectacular. The Lions also selected MSU QB Drew Stanton. I am equally excited about this pick as well but I hope that the coaches in Detroit can work with him better than those at MSU. My opinion is that Drew needs to be more consistent at the pro-level than he was in college. Perhaps Detroit picked him a little too early...Lions get a B+ this year but they should still get rid of Matt Millen.
My team, Denver Broncos, definately filled needs the first day. But they traded three picks for a guy who hardly played and is a headcase. I don't like this at all. They totally would have had the opportunity to draft Steve Breaston from Michigan in the sixth. And they gave up picks where they could have definately filled more needs at the O-line. To grade the Broncos I would have to give them a C-
Teams that did the Best: Raiders, Cardinals, Lions, and Panthers
Teams that had an average draft: Vikings, Browns, 49ers, and Bears
Teams that did the WORST: Packers, Denver, Dolphins, and Colts

Players that didn't get drafted that will land somewhere: OC Mark Bihl, QB John Stocco and Jared Zabransky, OG Rueben Riley.

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Blogger Ken Fun said...

Remember that these statements are MY opinions. Thank you.

 
At 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Draft selection show was pretty neat. I just think that Brady Quinn is over rated and that the Browns would been better off finding more defensive players. Being a Lions fan I hope they would not mess up with the pick.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Ken Fun said...

My question is...What do you do with Charlie Frye? I think that the Browns totally could have gotten some well needed defense than wasted their pick on another young QB. The Lions on the other hand must have someone else running the show besides Millen cause they did great in the draft this...for once!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home